Gators don't sweat.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Gleaming the cubicle

I'm a big guy. I don't eat very well, but I'm convinced that with the proper exercise, I should be able to eat whatever I want, in moderation, of course. This year I haven't been riding my bike as much as last, relying instead on the good ole CTA. At work, I sit at a desk and stare at a computer all day. To make matters worse, there's a slight tilt to the floor under my desk, and I find chair rolling me right into my desk. Once I'm wedged in there, I slowly start sliding lower & lower towards the ground. It wouldn't be bad if not for the incline in the floor, really. Plus, all of this craziness, not to mention standing on the CTA, occasionally does a number on my back.

Why do I tell you all of this? Well it looks like someone's created a desk where you can get all your work done on the computer while standing and walking ever so slowly on a treadmill. To me, it sounds ideal. Off the slope, on my feet, and moving, moving. Maybe I need to build one myself. Hmmm.

2 Comments:

  • I would like an adjustable, portable workstation that would fit over a treadmill OR a stationary bike. You know, one you could use with various exercise equipment.

    By Blogger Lobstar, at 3:50 PM  

  • Congratulamations on getting the "first post" award. A no-prize is in the mail!

    By Blogger E, at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home