Gators don't sweat.

Friday, September 09, 2005

Sadness all around

Well, we've had no shortage of sadness in the news recently with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and the passing of musical lumiaries like R.L. Burnside & Bob Moog recently. There has been one recent passing that I haven't read too much about and I wanted to share it here. On Aug. 26th, Voivod guitarist Denis "Piggy" D'amour passed away due to complications stemming from colon cancer.

When I got my first CD player for Christmas in 1990, the first CD I purchased was Voivod's Nothingface. I even met Piggy outside of the Thirsty Whale when the were touring with Clutch. Recently Voivod was laying down the tracks for their 14th album, and Piggy had also done the art for Dave Grohl's Probot album which featured Voivod Singer Denis "Snake" Belanger among others.

My thoughts go out to Piggy's friends and family. Hopefully, he now knows what the unknown knows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home