Gators don't sweat.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Some Rah-rah ish

I just read a couple more things I wanted to share here. These can be filed under Business and Rah-rah-rah, Go, Team, Go.

How to Make a Million Dollars is a gussied up Power Point presentation on the best way for you to make a million dollars - by starting your own business. It's an interesting read which suggests many valuable resources. As I was taken in by the piece, I hit the part which advocates throwing out all of the music on you ipod, and loading it up with nothing but books on starting a business. Immersed in the article, I suddenly realized the power of immersion as I watch it happening on some sort of bizarre meta-level. By immersing yourself completely in your desired reality tunnel, it's fairly easy, with practice, to guide your focus and start the energies rolling in the right direction. Immersion isn't a new idea, and it's fairly common sensical, but I hadn't really thought about it in such a way in quite a while. (via Lifehacker)

I also read a couple posts over at Slacker Manager that really hit home with me as well. A post on Micromanagement led to a discussion of the book Fierce Conversations, and Slacker Manager's review of a keynote speech by the author. It's an interesting concept that I can get on board with pretty easily. Our relationships are all conversation based. Relationships happen one conversation at a time. Every conversation we have elevates, deteriorates, or has no effect on our relationships with each other. One of the reasons this hits home for me is because that while I feel I'm blessed to have known some wonderful people in my life, I don't always have the Time or persistence to keep the conversations going.

That's one of the reasons I wanted to put this here shingle up on the interweb. I'm trying to keep the conversation going. Maybe we just stopped talking, or maybe I keep meaning to call, maybe I'm uneasy abaft the way we left it, or maybe your cellphone got stolen or disconnected (Buzz, Holla at a blogga!) but this is for all of us. Let me know what you think. Leave me a comment, or drop me line, and we can build from here. One conversation at a time.

(Told ya we were venturing into Cheerleader-land....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home