Gators don't sweat.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Son of the Attack of the Music Festivals

I actually got a phone call last night when I was typing the last entry and it totally derailed my train of thought. I caught you up and filled you in on the events that are right on the horizon, but I didn't really touch on anything outside of July. Of course, the music festivals don't stop just because the summer starts to fade.

Case in point, The Voodoo Music Festival in New Orleans. Happening over the last weekend in October, this year's lineup features Nine Inch Nails, The Flaming Lips, Queens of the Stone Age, LCD Soundsystem, The Handsome Boy Modeling School (AND individual sets from both Prince Paul and The Automator), plus oh so many more. Tickets go on sale tomorrow and are $50 for the weekend. That's a freakin' steal! They're also offering camping facilities for (apparently) the first time, and I'm a bit intrigued by that option as well. Anyone else up for Halloween in the Nolia?

Then there's the Arthur Fest. Really this is just another music fest with a cool lineup of bands taking place somewhere I don't live (L.A.). I wouldn't even give it a second thought if not for the fact that Masonna is performing there. He's definitely the godfather of a certain subset of extreme Japanese noise sonics, and the thought of seeing a Masonna show live is enough to moisten my pantaloons. Throw in some Sonic Youth, Earth, Sunn O))), and the rest and we're talking crotchpot cooking! I probably won't hit this one, but if you're in LA, bootleg it for me, bitches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home