Gators don't sweat.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Can't stop won't stop...

Double barreled festival news from Pitchfork:

First of all, last week ArthurFest added a few new acts, and I'm impressed. Merzbow, Sonic Youth, Sleater-Kinney, The Juan Mclean, Sunn 0))), & Earth not enough? How about Brad Laner of Electric Company and Medicine "fame"? No, well how about Yoko F'in Ono?!? That's what I'm talking about. A festival with both Merzbow & Yoko. Damn, just damn.

So, Looking at the last entry I made about this fest. I realized I went on and on about Masonna, when in fact it's Merzbow playing at Arthurfest. I knew that, but something must have short circuited when I wrote that post. It's Merzbow, dammit!

Earth is also playing a bit closer to home, though. This September, The Empty Bottle and The Wire Magazine will be playing host to the Adventures in Modern Music Festival. It looks like another solid group of performers. My favorites among them are spread out among all the evenings, making my attendance mandatory for the whole weekend. Who am I most looking forward to? Isolee, Khanate, Earth, Four Tet, and Acid Mother's Temple, plus the rest looks damn intriguing as well. Go Chicago!

OOH! And checking the Empty Bottle's calendar for Sept. I noticed something else amazing. Merzbow is playing the Open End Gallery on 9/7. I guess I don't have to go to Arthurfest afterall. Am I really going to see Merzbow the same year as I saw the Boredoms? Damn.

2 Comments:

  • I could be up for that Merzbow at Open End. It'd be better than going to the Bottle for shows that now habitually start at least two hours late.

    By Blogger PYLB, at 10:47 AM  

  • I just bought a ticket for the Merzbow show. I feel your pain re: The Bottle. It's been a while since there was a show I've really wanted to see there, but If Isolee, Earth, & Khanate are in town, I'll stand and patiently wait for my rock!

    By Blogger E, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home