Gators don't sweat.

Monday, June 26, 2006

Intonation Hangover

PICT0155
Yeeeeah!

This weekend was the long awaited (for me, at any rate) Intonation Fest in Chicago's Union Park. It was a beautiful weekend filled with tons of fantastic music. I wrote a quickie recap on the first day for Stereogum, so check that out. Honestly, the bands that I was most looking forward to were High On Fire and The Boredoms. I've seen them both at the Logan Square Auditorium in the past year or so, but both of their sets on Saturday achieved "best ever" status. I'm sure the festival setting helped, but both bands were on. The energy was there and they were tight. There wasn't a whole lot the two had in common other than that (and maybe a good scream or two), but really, what more do you need?

New Yorkers were supposed to witness Eye's 77 Drum installation, featuring 77 drum sets, later this summer, but I guess that show was cancelled. Too bad, that.

There's a bunch of pics up on my flickr. Day One/Day Two More later (probably.)

2 Comments:

  • I have that same hangover, but feel better today. Loved the Boredoms and Bloc Party, liked a lot of the rest. Some of the hip-hop artists were a little too much for me. Word.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:20 PM  

  • I hear you. I was happy to see most of the hip-hop acts, but none of them really blew me away. Even Ghostface. Ah well...

    By Blogger E, at 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home